Thursday, September 28, 2006

I’M BACK...
Its been a real long time since I posted on my blog. Consequently, I have come to realize that if I don’t blog for sometime then it is very difficult for me to blog again for a longtime. Well, there were lotsa things happening this month and I just preferred to lie down and think about them as opposed to writing about them down, do I sound ridiculous? In that case it would be quite fine if we just say that I was a wee-bit lazy. However I did make a few changes like changed the template (I know you noticed!!).
'FACETS' happened this month and my heart is swollen with pride (wow! now, that was quite a line). It is our first attempt to come out with a newsletter and it turned out to be simply splendid.
I thought about this a lot but talking about newsletter and reporting and stuff I just feel like sharing my thoughts with you… we have been talking a lot about the journalism and its power. We have learnt or more appropriately, we have been taught that journalists must correct people- politicians, businessmen or anyone for that matter by bringing to surface their works and dealings. We have these variegated elements of the sweet dreams of journalism. But honestly, why does something like that not happen in college reporting?
To report, then, in college about anything and everything that we feel is unjust is simply not possible. There is so much to worry about. For instance, how do we as a whole class put out our grievances about any teacher without ruining our image? (Oh! forget about the evaluation forms, we do not know the outcome for sure). Of late, there has been more than just a glimpse of the other side of the college- partial teachers, unreasonable marks, our doubts not being clarified and not to forget the insensate comments thrown at us. Such things seriously spoil the whole ‘fun and learn’ system in college.